In a unique collaboration, NAMI Washtenaw County has partnered with the Veterans Hospital of Ann Arbor to offer a family education course for families and loved ones of people living with mental illness. Family to Family is a 12-week program that helps family members with an ill loved one by offering:
- Information about brain disorders
- A supportive environment to learn and grow
- Strategies for family members to deal effectively with mental illness
- Techniques to use in a crisis
- Resources you can use now
Call the NAMI WC office (734) 994-6611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to reserve your spot. The class is free, but registration is required.
The scheduled March 2018 class will begin March 13 and 14, Tuesday and Wednesday. You pick one day and that is the day you will attend each week for twelve weeks. For more details, please see the Family to Family flier.