In a unique collaboration, NAMI Washtenaw County has partnered with the Veterans Hospital of Ann Arbor to offer a family education course for families and loved ones of people living with mental illness. Family to Family is a 12-week program that helps family members with an ill loved one by offering:
- Information about brain disorders
- A supportive environment to learn and grow
- Strategies for family members to deal effectively with mental illness
- Techniques to use in a crisis
- Resources you can use now
Call the NAMI WC office (734) 994-6611 for more information and to reserve your spot. The class is free, but registration is required.
The scheduled September 2017 class will begin September 5 and 6, 2017, Tuesday and Wednesday. You pick one day and that is the day you will attend each week for twelve weeks. For more details, please see the flyer for the upcoming session.