In a unique collaboration, NAMI Washtenaw County has partnered with the Veterans Hospital of Ann Arbor to offer a family education course for families and loved ones of people living with mental illness. Family to Family is a 12-week program that helps family members with an ill loved one by offering:
- Information about brain disorders
- A supportive environment to learn and grow
- Strategies for family members to deal effectively with mental illness
- Techniques to use in a crisis
- Resources you can use now
To see the Family to Family flyer with a detailed description, click on the link. Family to Family
Call the NAMI WC office (734) 994-6611 for more information and to reserve your spot. The class is free, but registration is required.
The scheduled September 2017 class will begin September 5 and 6, 2017, Tuesday and Wednesday. You pick one day and that is the day you will attend each week for twelve weeks.